Argus Cottage at Pendeen Lighthouse, Cornwall
Argus Cottage is one of two holiday cottages available at the lighthouse in a dramatic location on a granite headland on the North Cornwall Coast within an area of outstanding natural beauty. The South West Coast path passes round the headland, through part of Cornwall’s oldest mining areas. The lighthouse lies six miles north of Land’s End and two miles from St Just. It was established in 1900, electrified in 1926 and automated in 1994.
You may be lucky enough to spot seals on the rocks below the lighthouse headland, as well as a variety of seabirds. With banks of seasonal pink thrift and golden gorse, the headland is a stunning location to watch the sun setting over the Atlantic.
The property itself consists of a hall, double bedroom, single bedroom, sitting room with stunning sea views, kitchen, dining room and bathroom.
This holiday cottage at a glance:
- Sleeps three guests.
- Two bedrooms and one bathroom.
- Stunning panoramic views with an abundance of wildlife.
- Large walled patio to rear of the property.
- Onsite parking. Additional visitor parking is 100 yards away in a public carpark which is off site.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- The lighthouse does not have a fog signal.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
In the local area of Penzance, you can enjoy the sandy beaches at Whitesand Bay and Gwynver which are both close by. You can also visit the world famous Lands End, enjoy a trip to the historic St Michael’s Mount, or visit the Tate St Ives for a great family day out. Not to mention there are an abundance of small seaside towns with a wealth of teashops, cafes, independent shops and restaurants.