Owl House, Cornwall
Owl House is in the quiet hamlet of Treneague, within walking distance of Wadebridge. It is a simple, converted stable standing in the grounds of a 17th century cottage. French windows lead to a secluded terrace with fig trees, yuccas and dry stonework.
With only the sound of owls at night, this is a restful location offering beauty, simplicity and a chance to unwind and escape in a place that feels like going back in time.
This holiday cottage at a glance:
- Sleeps two guests.
- One bedroom with a wet room.
- All accommodation is on the ground floor.
- Wood burning stove.
- Solid oak flooring throughout.
- Vaulted beamed ceiling in bedroom.
- Private, terraced areas with lawned garden.
- Parking for one vehicle. Additional parking for one vehicle outside the gate.
- One, small well behaved dog is welcome (small additional charge).
- Babies under 12 months old are welcome.
- Guests with mobility difficulties should note there are three steps from the parking area to the grassed area and a further three steps from the garden to the property.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
The ground floor of the property consists of an open plan kitchen and sitting room with a wide sliding door with step down leading into beamed and vaulted bedroom with a stunning king sized bed. There is also a small cloakroom, separate wet-room (shower only) and french windows which onto private terrace.
In the local area of Wadebridge, there are many riverside walks which offer glimpses of nuthatches and woodpeckers. It is a vibrant market town on the Camel Trail which hosts a selection of restaurants and shops. Many visitors hire bicycles for a scenic bike ride to Padstow, which can also be reached by car in under 25 minutes, where you can dine at Rick Stein’s restaurants and enjoy wonderful costal walks.
There are also fabulous opportunities to swim and surf on both sides of the estuary, as well as other attractions such as the Lost Gardens of Heligan, the Eden Project and Tate St Ives within easy reach by car. In autumn and winter, the white sandy beaches are deserted, and walkers and birdwatchers have the woods and sea walks to themselves.
The perfect location for a relaxing break with your 4-legged friend.